About the event
We will focus on some of the most common flower families, introduce some wild species and show you how to recognise them. You will learn and try out the basic methods and resources used by botanists to identify plants, and be supported as you apply your new skills in the field and the classroom. You will also find out how evolution and ecology has shaped their amazing designs and how plants reveal fascinating messages about where they grow, their pollination, defence and seed dispersal.
This course is aimed at beginners, students and keen gardeners who may already know some plants but wish to improve their identification skills.
You will learn to:
• Recognise and name a range of common wildflowers
• Describe key features to help identify a plant
• Be introduced to flower families
• Use a botanical key & hand lens
• Be guided to further resources to progress your learning
This course is led by botonist and author Alex Morss
Book your place here or through the Eventbrite link below.