Grow Leader Course- Autumn 2020
About the event
2021 dates coming soon!
October 2020 dates are now full but please get in touch with email@example.com if you would like to hear about new dates for 2021 when they have been decided.
Develop an understanding of basic growing techniques and holistic landscape management that you could use at allotment, community garden or small market garden scale.
Included are ways of working with a broad range of groups, whether entrepreneurial, therapeutic, artistic or other. This makes the course particularly suitable for people developing a career in community horticulture, therapeutic horticulture, or other land-based projects.
This eight day course leads you through seven days of learning on-site at Grow Wilder in a small class-size, using the resources and facilities on site. The eighth day offers an opportunity to bring together the learning as a group in shared, practical demonstrations and workshops.
This is mainly a horticultural course, with aspects of ecology, community engagement and project realisation.
Planning tools, infrastructure, practical methods, understanding plants and growing food
Habitat types, holistic landscape management, identification skills
- Community Engagement
Engagement skills, working with groups, safety and inclusion
Realising your project, growing a community, context in the larger landscape
The course will now run over 8 sessions. There will be two course streams, one commencing Monday 12th October and the other on Wednesday 14th October. Participants can choose which day they would like to attend the course but due to health and safety measures participants cannot switch days during the course,
If you want to be the first to get an update when new dates become available please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the course here
Please help to protect our staff and others on this course by not attending if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (A temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or the loss of taste or smell).
How we are addressing issues associated with COVID-19 on our learning courses.
- We have fully revised our risk assessments to adhere to the Government issued COVID 19 guidelines
- All surfaces and any equipment will be fully sanitized prior to each course.
- Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers will be required on arrival and throughout the day.
- The course capacity has been adjusted
- We will maximise the amount of time spent outside.
- Classroom seating will be set up ensuring the 1 metre + distancing rules are met.
- The tutor will retain a 2 metre + distance from the delegates. In the cases where this is not possible, a face covering will be worn.
- Delegates must bring their own packed lunch, water bottle/hot drink and cup.
- We request that delegates notify us if they develop symptoms while on this course so that staff and other course delegates can be notified.
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
Wheelchair accessWheelchair users please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
Wrap up warm and wear appropriate footwear.