Mindfulness and Yuletide Crafts
About the event
Spend a day at our beautiful Grow Wilder site, learning different techniques you can use to relax, unwind and connect to nature during this busy time of year.
Learn about and practice nature-based mindfulness
Explore other ways to be mindful including having a sit spot and doing natural crafts
Use willow to create some yule decorations such as a tree or a star and/or use coppiced hazel to make a deer
Take some time out to reflect and connect to nature and each other
This course is led by Mhairi and Jason from the AWT Wellbeing team at Grow Wilder (formerly Feed Bristol), our inspiring six-acre wildlife gardening hub, where people and wildlife thrive in a productive setting. The wildlife nursery will also be open for those who wish to buy some plants.
Please help to protect our staff and others on this course by not attending if you or anyone in your household or social ‘bubble’ is feeling ill or have symptoms of Covid-19 (A temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or the loss of taste or smell).
How we are addressing issues associated with COVID-19 on every Adult Learning course.:
• We have fully revised our risk assessments to adhere to the ongoing Government issued COVID 19 guidelines.
• All surfaces and any equipment will be fully sanitized prior to each course.
• Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers will be required on arrival and throughout the day.
• There will be a maximum of 10 delegates on this course.
• We will maximise the amount of time spent outside.
• Classroom seating will be set up ensuring 2m social distancing
• Delegates will be asked to wear a face mask in the classroom (if windows needs to be closed) and always in ‘common’ areas such as toilets/kitchen/corridors where 2m social distancing cannot be provided.
• The tutor will retain a 2 metre + distance from the delegates. In the cases where this is not possible, a face mask will be worn.
• Delegates must bring their own packed lunch and water bottle. If you’d like a hot drink, please bring a flask and cup with you.
• We request that delegates and tutors download the NHS Test and Trace App and notify us if they develop symptoms up to 14 days after attending this course so that staff and other course delegates can be notified.
• Any COVID-19 positive test results must be notified to us immediately up receipt of the result, to ensure everyone exposed can self-isolate for 10 days and obtain a test themselves.
Suitable forAdults, Beginners
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
Wheelchair accessWheelchair users please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
Wrap up warm and wear appropriate footwear.