Tree ID in Autumn - Online and in-person
About the event
We all love and know the importance of trees but how difficult do you find them to identify? Join our hybrid training course to discover the secrets of tree identification in Autumn/Winter. With an emphasis on UK native and naturalised species, this course will help you confidently identify 30 of the most commonly found trees around our shores, as well as learning about how they tell you more about the local landscape, ecology and wildlife.
This is a 2hr interactive online session on Monday 4th October 6pm-8pm with a half-day 'in person' practical session on Sunday 10th October. The walk will begin at Grow Wilder and continue to Eastville Park where we can practice everything we learned. When booking you will be offered a morning or afternoon walk on Sunday 10th October.
- Learn how to identify approx. 30 of the most common UK species, native or naturalised
- Develop & practice your identification skills through interactive exercises under expert supervision
- Discover about the life and ecology of UK trees
- Discuss the role and merits of trees and tree planting to future conservation efforts
Schedule for online session
- Introduction & ID (40mins)
- Interactive learning task incl. feedback (30mins)
- Break (10mins)
- Conservation/Ecology & discussion (35mins)
- Wrap up/final points (5mins)
This course is led by ecologist Matt Collis
Measures in accordance with current government guidelines will be in place, please do not attend if you are unwell and please bring a mask. We reserve the right to adapt or change activities in order to meet current government guidelines around Covid-19.
Suitable forAdults, Beginners
Know before you go
This course involves a 3 hour walk to Eastville Park where terrain may be muddy and uneven. Please bear this in mind when booking.
Great teacher, I loved the course! I learned so much more than expected, and have already been identifying loads of trees today!