About the event
Discover how to create your own nature journal through sketching and writing. This workshop will get you started using simple techniques, and give help and ideas to help you continue your journal. There will be indoor and outdoor sessions throughout the day, using the wonderful natural resources at Feed Bristol. Your tutor will be Jules Woolford
The event will show you how to:
- really see the natural world in a new way
- record your observations in a creative way
- connect with nature on your doorstep
This event is suitable for all abilities. No previous drawing experience is needed.
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
You will need:
- A sketchbook or journal, ideally with pages which are strong enough to take wet media if you want to use watercolour. It needs to be portable. 8”x 5” is a good size.
- One or two sharp pencils - 2B is ideal
- A waterproof pen (fineliner – look for one marked archival ink which will not smudge)
- A small bag to carry your kit around the site
- Coloured pencils
- A small set of watercolour paints - if you have them already
- Any favourite art materials you may have.
- A small portable stool
- * Colour media isn't necessary. The tutor will bring a selection of media for you to try out on the day.
Please come prepared with wet weather clothing and suitable footwear/ sunscreen/ hat depending on the weather